Gateshead Libraries and the Royal Voluntary Service are working together to bring the library service to people in their own homes all over Gateshead. This FREE service offers a good range of books, including large print and audio books.
Please contact us should you or a relative wish to be considered for our Readers at Home service.
Tel: 0191 433 6415
The Readers at Home service delivers to:
- People in their own homes all over Gateshead
- Sheltered and Residential Homes and Day Care Centres: this service can be provided to individuals or to a "bookcase collection"
- Visually impaired readers: we have a large selection of Audio Books and large print books
- Our service is also suitable for carers.
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital: A ward round for patients twice a week, and a small recreational reading library which is open for staff and patients on Monday and Friday afternoons
Let's Get Together - RVS Volunteers
If you can spare a few hours weekly or monthly to improve the quality of life for people in your area, we are recruiting friendly, helpful volunteers to assist with the delivery of the Readers at Home service. You will need to be a driver, with access to a car, mileage will be reimbursed. If you are interested please contact Royal Voluntary Service Tel 0191 300 9334