Please check our News section for any changes to our regular opening hours, including bank holiday weekends, Christmas and staff training
The Library Service offers:
- A wide range fiction and non-fiction books
- Books in large print
- A children's library
- PCs with access to the Internet, email and Microsoft Office, all for small annual fee
- A collection of CDs
- Family DVDs with special offers during school holidays
- Fax service
- Events & activities for children including Rhymetime Mondays 2.30pm
- School Visits: St Augustine’s Primary, Colegate Primary,
Roman Road Primary, Lingey House Primary, Whitemere Primary & Hilltop.
- Ward Surgeries: Second & Third Saturdays of each month 11am - 12am
- Readers Group meets monthly on Friday afternoons
- To find out what's happening in Libraries throughout Gateshead, check our Events Diary, Learning, Readers' Groups and Regular Activities pages
Address: Leam Lane Library, 129 Cotemede, Leam Lane Estate, Gateshead NE10 8QH
Tel: 0191 433 6428
Fax: 0191 433 6433
Public parking available, including disabled bays.
Lift available to library level.
We are close to the shops in Fewster Square, in the Gateshead Council @ Leam Lane building.
To reach us by car:
Travel from Gateshead along the Felling Bypass. At the Heworth roundabout take the third exit toward Heworth metro and St Mary's church taking the first left at this mini roundabout. Bear right and go straight over the mini-roundabout towards Felling Cricket Club. Go straight ahead to the lights at The Ship Inn and turn left. Travel straight along Colegate reaching St Augustine's school and church. The Library is on the left before the junction and has a car park.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
For a full list of events, check our EVENTS DIARY